Mini Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
makes 12 mini cheesecakes
1 1/2 C finely crushed graham crackers
1/4 C dark brown sugar
1 heaping T of molasses
5 T butter, melted
1 t vanilla
2 small/medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped very fine
2 T butter
2 T brown sugar
1/4 C caramel (I just used Hershey’s ice-cream caramel topping)
1 1/2 8oz cream cheese packs (12 oz total)
1/3 C juice from cooking the apples
1 T sour cream
1/2 t vanilla extract
3/4 T corn starch
1/4 C sugar
1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
2 C boiling water
1 T sugar
sprinkle of sea salt
Mini Cheesecake Pan
Large piping bag
1. Grease your mini cheesecake pan very well. Set aside. Preheat panggangan to 325.
2. Make crust: using a food processor, crumb together all the ingredients. Press about 2 tablespoons of graham cracker mix into each little cup evenly, and allow crust to climb up the sides a little bit. Set aside.
3. Make apple filling: In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, add the brown sugar and caramel. Add apples to the sauce and cook on medium heat, covered, until apples are soft. Drain sauce into a liquid measuring cup and spread about 1 T apple mixture into each cup. Set aside once more.
4. Make cheesecake: beat cream cheese into a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, sour cream, and juice from apples. Incorporate thoroughly. Add egg, beat well. Then add sugar and corn starch until everything is mixed very well together. About a cup at a time, add cheesecake filling to the piping bag, and pipe enough cheesecake into each cup to fill it almost to the top. Smooth down with a spoon. Repeat with remaining cheesecake filling. You may have a teeny bit leftover.
5. Bake mini cheesecakes for about 20-25 minutes (check on them, they may need a little more time, or a little less, depending on how full the cups are, and the evenness of your panggangan temperature). Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
6. Make topping: Place thin apple slices in boiling water for about 30 seconds to soften them, then place 2 apple slices on each cup. Drizzle with caramel, and sprinkle with sea salt.